Our more than 12 million members rely on every single one of us to provide high-quality, affordable health care services and to improve the health of our members and communities. From technology and legislation to start-ups and mergers, the health care industry is changing at a rapid pace. Throughout this disruption and uncertainty, we recognize the importance of the people who power Kaiser Permanente and are committed to all our employees and to building the future of health care together.
Our employees are the best in the industry
High-quality, affordable care requires the best employees. That’s why we’re committed to fostering an inclusive environment to attract and retain the best people, and where they can do their best work. Kaiser Permanente offers many ways to reward employees for their hard work, compassion and dedication.
- Competitive salaries, comprehensive benefit plans, and learning opportunities that promote growth and development.
- Industry-leading levels of diversity, a defining characteristic of our past, present and future.
- Diverse employee and physician workforce
- 75 percent of all employees …
- 50 percent of the senior executive team …
- 40 percent of our executive medical directors …
… are women
- We work to foster an environment where people are valued, have an opportunity to speak up and have a say in how the work gets done.
In 2018, Kaiser Permanente received:
Working together to make health care more affordable
Affordability = high-quality health care at a price individuals and families can reasonably manage as a portion of household income.
We all have a role to play in achieving our mission, driving quality up and cost down to a price individuals and families can afford. We’re proud that unit-based teams (UBTs) have launched thousands of efficiency and cost-reduction projects that are getting results for members and patients. And as a nonprofit organization, 100 percent of our revenue is used to deliver on our mission.
- 97 cents of every dollar goes to providing care and coverage to our members.
- 3 cents of every dollar is our margin, which is reinvested into Kaiser Permanente buildings, equipment, technology, and retirement obligations for our employees so we can continue to care for our members and patients.
If we work together we can make health care affordable for all—so our standard of care will be available to everyone in the nation.