Kaiser Permanente’s mission is to provide high-quality, affordable health care and improve the health of our members and the communities we serve. One way we deliver on our mission is to partner with local community organizations whose missions are aligned with ours. Many of these partnerships are bolstered with financial support through grants and sponsorships.
Please use this application form to request support for sponsored events and activities including marathons, walks, fundraising galas, luncheons, breakfasts, and similar events.
If you are seeking program, capacity building or technical support, please visit our Grants page.
Current Focus Areas
We prioritize funding for programs, partnerships, and events that are aligned with the needs identified in our community health needs assessment, with national Kaiser Permanente initiatives, and that support our brand and mission.
Requests are evaluated for their focus on:
- Advancing health equity
- Increasing access to health care and coverage for people who are uninsured and underinsured
- Promoting healthy weight, physical activity and access to healthy food
- Supporting mental health and access to mental health care
- Strengthening economic and educational opportunities for underserved populations
Kaiser Permanente Washington focuses on communities in Northwest, Central and Eastern Washington, the Coastal and Olympic region and Puget Sound (see service area map below).
To be eligible, an applicant organization must have operations in the Washington region of KaiserPermanente (eligible counties are shown in the map below and include: Benton, Columbia, Franklin,Island, King, Kitsap, Kittitas, Lewis, Mason, Pierce, Skagit, Snohomish, Spokane, Thurston, WallaWalla, Whatcom, Whitman, Yakima and the Idaho counties of Kootenai and Latah) and be one of the following types of non-profit organizations:
–501(c)(3) or equivalent. Equivalent organizations may include tribes, public schools, local, state or federal government agencies and programs.
We are unable to support the following types of activities because they do not meet our program criteria:
- Events or programs outside the Washington region of Kaiser Permanente including international or social organizations (Note: the Southwest Washington counties of Cowlitz and Clark are part of the Kaiser Permanente Northwest region)
- Local (city, school) sporting events, individuals or teams
- Field trips or tours; school-affiliated orchestras, bands, choirs, drama groups, yearbooks,class parties or class or team projects
- Endowments or memorials
- Religious activities, in whole or in part, for the purpose of furthering religious doctrine
- Partisan political activities, candidates, or organizations
- Personal appeals for funding of individual medical care, insurance coverage for individuals,scholarships, tuition, educational expenses, conference registration, etc.
Applications are accepted at any time and are reviewed according to the schedule below. Applications must be submitted at least 60 days prior to the response date indicated in the table below to be considered. Please note the required document attachments throughout the application form (all fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required). Applications missing required documents will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed. We will notify you when a decision has been made regarding your request and advise you of appropriate next steps.
|2019 Application Deadlines||Responses week of|
|January 11, 2019||February 1, 2019|
|March 15, 2019||April 5, 2019|
|May 3, 2019||May 24, 2019|
|July 8, 2019||July 29, 2019|
|September 6, 2019||September 27, 2019|
|November 8, 2019||November 29, 2019|
Note: We have upgraded to a new sponsorship management system, therefore, the new application will look a little different from previous years to provide a user-friendly experience. You will need to create an account to gain access to the application.