Kaiser Permanente’s mission is to provide high-quality, affordable health care and improve the health of our members and the communities we serve. One way we deliver on our mission is to partner with local community organizations whose missions are aligned with ours.
Current Focus Areas
We prioritize funding for programs and partnerships that are aligned with the needs identified in our community health needs assessment, with national Kaiser Permanente initiatives, and that support our brand and mission.
Requests are evaluated for their focus on:
- Advancing health equity
- Increasing access to health care and coverage for people who are uninsured and underinsured
- Promoting healthy weight, physical activity and access to healthy food
- Supporting mental health and access to mental health care
- Strengthening economic and educational opportunities for underserved populations
Kaiser Permanente will consider funding requests from non-profit organizations (501 (c)(3) or equivalent. Equivalent organizations may include tribes, public schools, local, state or federal government agencies and programs.
To be eligible, an applicant organization must have operations in the Washington region of Kaiser Permanente (eligible counties include: King, Kitsap, Pierce, Snohomish, Spokane and Thurston).
We are unable to support the following types of activities:
- Events or programs outside the Washington region of Kaiser Permanente including international or social organizations (Note: the Southwest Washington counties of Cowlitz and Clark are part of the Kaiser Permanente Northwest region)
- Local (city, school) sporting events, individuals or teams
- Field trips or tours; school-affiliated orchestras, bands, choirs, drama groups, yearbooks, class parties or class or team projects
- Endowments or memorials
- Religious activities, in whole or in part, for the purpose of furthering religious doctrine
- Partisan political activities, candidates, or organizations
- Personal appeals for funding of individual medical care, insurance coverage for individuals, scholarships, tuition, educational expenses, conference registration, etc.
As we continue to sharpen our focus, we are also updating our processes around grant making. We will have more information in the months to come so please continue to check our website.
For information about event sponsorships including marathons, walks, fundraising galas, luncheons and similar activities please visit our Sponsorship page.
Kaiser Permanente has an unwavering commitment to equal access and opportunity for all persons. Organizations applying for funding will be required to attest that they do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, handicap, disability, medical condition, or veteran status either in their employment or their service policies and practices.
Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com