Please note: The Surplus Property Donation Program is open. Please review the following program information then click the “apply now” button to start your application.
Our surplus equipment warehouse has items available for donation to nonprofit organizations located in and serving communities within the Kaiser Permanente Northwest service area. Any qualified tax-exempt organization may apply for a donation.
Note that Kaiser Permanente does not take specific requests for items. All donated items are available on a first come, first served basis.
Nonprofit organizations must intend to use the donated items themselves. They may not obtain surplus property from the warehouse for the purposes of selling the items.
All nonprofit organizations are required to sign a bill of sale at the time of donation and to send acknowledgment letter(s) to Kaiser Permanente within five days of receipt of the donation.
This program runs February 1st through November 30th each year. Organizations can reapply annually for consideration.
How to Qualify
Organizations must complete an online application form to qualify for access to our surplus donation program. Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below to begin your application.
The following documents will be required to submit with your request.
- The names, titles, and affiliations of the members of your organization’s board of directors.
- A copy of your organization’s W9 Form.
For more information or for help completing an application, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Note: We have recently transitioned to a new online application system. If this is your first application with our new system, you will be required to create a new account. To request access to the surplus warehouse, select the in-kind donation option when asked to select a type of funding
- A determination of approval is made after the requested materials are submitted and reviewed by Kaiser Permanente Northwest. This may take up to six weeks.
- Organizations are approved on an annual basis. During each approval period, organizations may visit our warehouse the number of times listed in their approval letter. Organizations are free to re-apply annually. The required due diligence documentation must be resubmitted for each calendar year.
- If your organization’s request is approved, Kaiser Permanente will send a letter with information on arranging a visit to our warehouse and the expiration date of the approval period and number of allowed warehouse visits.
- A terms and conditions letter must be signed by your organization’s executive director or another authorized representative and returned to Kaiser Permanente. It must be signed by a Kaiser Permanente representative in order to be valid. A copy of the letter with both signatures will be sent to your organization. Representative(s) from your organization will need this signed letter when visiting our warehouse. If items are received by your organization, the letter will be signed and dated or stamped by a warehouse representative.
- If your organization’s request is not approved, you will be notified.
Frequently asked questions about Kaiser Permanente Northwest Surplus Equipment Donations.