If you’re unsure whether you’re in an abusive relationship, ask yourself the following:
Does you partner…
- hit, shove, slap, kick, punch, or choke you?
- threaten to hurt or kill you?
- call you names or tell you that you’re crazy?
- criticize things you do and say, or criticize how you look?
- hurt your pets or destroy things special to you?
- blame you for the abuse he or she commits?
- limit where you can go, what you can do, and who you can talk to?
- unexpectedly check up on you at your workplace, home, school or elsewhere?
- force you to have sex against your will?
- apologize and tell you it will never happen again (even though it already has)?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, you may be in an abusive relationship. There are people who can help you. You are not alone.