At Kaiser Permanente, one of our core values is improving the health of individuals and the communities we serve.
Through thoughtful partnerships with local organizations that align with our mission, we strive to address issues that affect the overall health of the community. Many of these partnerships are created through event sponsorships that support vital community programs and services.
Current Focus Areas
We invest in events that bring our community together to increase public understanding of and support our brand and mission. We seek innovative programs that address specific issues including:
- Community-based programs that address health disparities for vulnerable populations. Populations can be defined by factors such as race or ethnicity, gender, education or income, disability, geographic location or sexual orientation.
- Projects that improve the efficiency of health and human services systems, including food, housing and health care.
- Economic/workforce development.
- Cultural and ethnic diversity.
- Collaborations that coordinate health care services and support economic self-sufficiency.
- KPNW employee or staff engaged through volunteering or board service.
Sponsorship evaluation criteria
Sponsorship proposals are evaluated based on seven general criteria. These criteria have been developed to ensure that we establish sponsorship relationships that will benefit the receiving organization as well as Kaiser Permanente.
Proposals are evaluated for:
- Organizations must have valid 501(c)(3) tax status
- Organization must fall within our KPNW service area (counties include, Oregon State: Benton, Clackamas, Columbia, Hood River, Lane, Linn, Marion, Multnomah, Polk, Washington, Yamhill Washington State: Clark, Cowlitz, Skamania, Wahkiakum)
- The opportunity to create long-term value.
- The ability to reach targeted audiences and build relationships.
- Positive exposure for the Kaiser Permanente brand.
- Requests can leverage additional resource investments and share KPNW expertise.
- The potential for long-term, sustainable relationships.
- KPNW employees are connected and engaged with the organization.
- Requests will enhance internal strategies and business growth.
*Requests for walks, runs and races must have an identified KPNW employee connection.
We are unable to support the following types of activities because they do not meet our sponsorship program criteria:
- Events outside the Kaiser Permanente Northwest service area.
- Donations or support to general appeal campaigns, endowments or memorials.
- Requests that benefit an individual, family, or group.
- Local (city, school) sporting events, individuals or sporting teams.
- Religious activities, in whole or in part, for furthering religious doctrine.
- General awareness campaigns.
- Health care research.
- Travel expenses.
- Door prizes or raffles.
- School-affiliated orchestras, bands, choirs, drama groups, yearbooks, class parties, or class or team projects.
- Political candidates, activities or organizations.
- Personal appeals for funding of individual medical care, insurance coverage for individuals, scholarships, tuition, educational expenses, conference registration, etc.
- Film or documentary productions.
- Organizations that do not comply with Kaiser Permanente’s anti-discriminatory policy.
- National conferences.
- Membership fees or dues.
- Advertising activities.
- Golf tournaments.
Application process and timing
*Please note that our intake form will be offline during November 20, 2017 – January 1, 2018. Submission deadline for January – February 2018 requests are due by November 20, 2017.
After reviewing the sponsorship focus areas and criteria please click on one of the two forms provided here to submit your request.
Community Nonprofit Organizations Kaiser Permanente Employees
Online sponsorship request forms need to be submitted at least 60 days prior to the scheduled event date to be considered. All sponsorship requests need to be submitted on one of the online request forms to be considered. Due to the volume of requests, applications received by phone, fax, mail, e-mail, or delivery will not be accepted or responded to.
Please Note: Submitting a request form does not guarantee your event will be sponsored. We review our requests in a multi-step process. You will be updated on the consideration within 4-6 weeks of the submission date.
For more information, contact us at Kaiser-Permanente-Events@kp.org.