- Funding Areas
- New Applicants
- Current Grantees
- Publicity and Promotion for your New Grant
- Progress and Final Report Templates
Last year Kaiser Permanente in northern California provided more than $40 million in grants and donations to non-profit, community based organizations and agencies. Organizations must fall within the grantmaking priority areas identified through our Community Health Needs Assessments and meet our basic eligibility requirements. To learn about local grants and sponsorship timelines, please visit the Communities We Serve page.
For unsolicited requests, the process starts with the submission of a Letter of Intent (LOI).
For invited proposals, a staff member of Northern California Community Benefit Programs will provide a specific online application link via email.
To learn more about our application process, please complete our eligibility questionnaire.
Northern California Community Benefit Programs provides grants that meet the health needs outlined in areas listed below. We are particularly interested in evidence-based programs and services that can be replicated in other communities, to help more people.
Access to Care & Coverage: We believe all people deserve access to high quality care, and services that promote social, non-medical needs that directly influence health.
Healthy Eating, Active Living (HEAL): People can eat better and move more as part of daily life when they have access to fresh, healthy food and safe places to live, learn, work, and play.
Mental Health & Wellness: Emotional health is an important part of our overall health.
Thriving Schools: Partnerships that are creating a culture of wellness for students, teachers, and staff members.
For New Applicants
You can learn more about the application process by completing our eligibility questionnaire or by contacting us at NCAL-CB-Programs@kp.org or call (510) 625-6370. For information about event sponsorships in Northern California please visit our visit our Sponsorships page.
Templates to Complete and Submit:
If you received an email from one of our staff members inviting you to apply for a grant you will also have received a link to our online application system, IGAM. When you complete your IGAM application, please also complete the following templates and include them with your submission. We suggest you download these files, complete them, and then attach them to the online application via the IGAM system.
- Workplan Template
- Budget Template
- Multiple Year Budget Template
You will also need to provide the following documents:
- Request on letterhead from the requesting agency and fiscal sponsor, if applicable. Note: Letter should include the legal name of organization, organization’s address, requested amount, project summary and project title
- Copy of current IRS determination letter indicating tax-exempt status
- Organization’s most recent Form 990
- Organization’s most recent audited financial reports
- List of current Board of Directors and their affiliations
- Current itemized organization operating budget
- List of names, titles, and qualifications of key staff and volunteers
Please understand that our extensive review process can take two to four months to complete. If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact your grant manager or NCAL-CB-Programs@kp.org.
General Tips for a Successful Submission
- For frequently asked questions, you can refer to our online Application FAQ.
- Access the eligibility questionnaire (to determine which application is right for you) or click the URL e-mailed to you linking to a full application.
- Create one user account for the organization applying for funding. Once you create your user account you will be taken to the online application. This link provides you with access to our grant guidelines and instructions. Tip: Do not begin entering data into the application yet. Click on “Save & Finish Later.”
- We suggest that you bookmark the “My Account” page URL, as you will be required to use it to complete and submit your application.
- In addition, through the “My Account” page you can view a history of open applications and completed submissions as well as email yourself a copy of a draft or completed submission.
- Prior to submitting your online application, you will be able to review your grant application. Please note that once a grant application has been submitted, it cannot be edited.
For Current Grantees
Congratulations on your Kaiser Permanente Northern California Regional grant. We appreciate the opportunity to partner with you to help people learn about your important work.
Below you can learn about:
- Grantee Training Presentation
- Grantee Training Webinar
- Publicity and Promotion for your New Grant
- Communications Tips and Templates
- How to Acknowledge Kaiser Permanente
- Use of Kaiser Permanente Logo
Publicity and Promotion for your New Grant
Your new grant provides an excellent opportunity to increase awareness about the important work your organization is doing in the community. There are many ways to communicate, including via a press release, newsletters, websites, social media, and donor communications. If you are interested in doing outreach or promotion, our communications team may be available to help. Please contact your grant manager to discuss.
Communications Tips and Templates
Reporting requirements for Kaiser Permanente grants ask for a story about your work midway and/or at the end of your grant. Use these tools to collect and share stories with us, your employees and supporters, partner organizations and the media.
How to Acknowledge Kaiser Permanente
To make it easy to communicate about your grant, we have prepared language describing our partnership. This language can be used for newsletters, websites, or other communications. Please use one of these descriptions when acknowledging your Kaiser Permanente grant.
Short credit: The project is supported by Kaiser Permanente Northern California Community Benefit Programs.
Longer credit: Kaiser Permanente’s community involvement uniquely pairs grant funding with nearly 70 years of clinical expertise, medical research, and volunteerism to support prevention-focused, evidence-based programs that expand access to care,create healthy environments and advance health knowledge. Our Kaiser Permanente grant of $____ will help more people in this community get access to the resources they need to lead a healthy life with support for (info about the program supported by the grant). For more information about Kaiser Permanente’s work in the community, visit www.kp.org/communitybenefit/ncal.
Use of Kaiser Permanente Logo
If you would like to use a Kaiser Permanente logo along with the credit line above, please contact your grant manager or NCAL-CB-Programs@kp.org. Let us know your requested file type (JPEG or EPS) and color (blue or black).
As a nonprofit organization, Kaiser Permanente’s logo cannot be used on any materials that imply endorsement of legislation or a candidate.
Progress and Final Report Templates
As mentioned in your award letter and grant agreement, you will have a progress report and/or final report due by specified dates (usually one month after the end of the grant period). Below are the report templates we use. You may be contacted by your grant manager with specific supplemental information during the course of the grant.
Please contact your grant manager if you have any questions. You can also send general inquiries to NCAL-CB-Programs@kp.org or call (510) 625-6370.