After evaluating more than 100 million ratings and reviews in its database, Indeed, a careers website, ranked Kaiser Permanente number 8 for the programs and initiatives we provide to veterans. Among the top 50 large companies on the list, Kaiser Permanente is the only health care organization on Indeed’s inaugural list of top-rated workplaces for veterans.
“This recognition highlights how much Kaiser Permanente values the unique experience and skillset veterans bring to our workforce and our commitment to providing our veteran employees with the support and resources needed to succeed in their careers,” said Ronald Copeland, MD, senior vice president and chief equity, inclusion, and diversity officer at Kaiser Permanente and a U.S. Air Force veteran.
Kaiser Permanente specifically recruits military veterans through its careers for military program and Military Officer Transition Program, a two-year rotational program designed to transition high-performing military officers into successful Kaiser Permanente Careers. The Kaiser Permanente Veterans Association also gives voice to the strengths, needs, and concerns of Kaiser Permanente employees, physicians, and family members who are veterans or reservists.
This recognition from Indeed is the latest in a string of recent accolades for Kaiser Permanente’s support and commitment to its veteran employees, including:
- For the fourth year, Kaiser Permanente earned the No. 4 spot in the nonprofit category on the 2019 Military Friendly Top Ten Gold Employer list by VIQTORY
- Kaiser Permanente of the Northwest was recently honored with the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve Extraordinary Employer Support Award
- For the second year, Kaiser Permanente was recognized as a leader in disability hiring by the National Organization on Disability.
In addition to Indeed’s list, Kaiser Permanente has been recognized for our commitment to supporting our employees and being a best place to work, including the following distinctions we’ve already received in 2018:
- Indeed’s Best Healthcare Companies to Work For
- Latino Leaders’ the Best Employers for Latinos
- Corporate Equality Index’s Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality
- DiversityInc Top 50 Hall of Fame