Our employees are what make Kaiser Permanente a best place to work and enable us to achieve our mission of providing high-quality, affordable care to members, patients, and communities. That’s why it’s an honor to be recognized on Glassdoor’s 2019 Best Places to Work list.
Companies that made the list were recognized by their employees for the organization’s culture, leadership and management, compensation, and more.
In the reviews, there are a few areas that our employees regularly highlighted:
- “Ability to move up the ladder in your career”
- “Excellent pay and benefits”
- “Driven colleagues”
- “Desire to serve the greater good”
“I’m proud that Kaiser Permanente is again included in Glassdoor’s top 100 best places to work in 2019,” says Chuck Columbus, senior vice president and Chief HR Officer. “Our people are our biggest strength, and we work very hard to ensure that they can reach their full potential to deliver on our mission and vision to transform health and health care. This honor is especially relevant because our own caregivers and employees are the ones who voted for Kaiser Permanente as a best place to work.”
Some of the programs that help make Kaiser Permanente a best place to work include:
- Kaiser Permanente’s comprehensive compensation and benefits programs (called KP Total Rewards), which support the health and well-being of our employees and their families today and in the future.
- Opportunities for employees to advance their careers through new and meaningful experiences outside of their current role with KP’s Stretch@KP professional development program.
- Employee-led business resource groups that connect people from diverse backgrounds, provide networking opportunities among employees with common interests or cultures, and create learning and professional development opportunities at all levels.
- Kaiser Permanente’s Healthy Workforce program, which provides all employees with tools and resources to lead healthy, balanced lives at work and home.
In addition to this most recent Glassdoor award, Kaiser Permanente has been recognized for our commitment to supporting our employees and being a best place to work, including the following distinctions we received in 2018:
- Indeed’s Top-Rated Workplaces for Veterans
- Kaiser Permanente Recognized as a Top Employer for Work-Life Balance
- Leading Disability Employer by the National Organization on Disability
- 50 Best Companies for Latinas by LatinaStyle
- Indeed’s Best Healthcare Companies to Work For
- Latino Leaders’ The Best Employers for Latinos
- Corporate Equality Index’s Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality
- DiversityInc Top 50 Hall of Fame