Working at an organization as large and diverse as Kaiser Permanente provides employees with amazing opportunities and exciting challenges. More than 240,000 motivated individuals come together every day to further the organization’s mission and help its members and the people in its communities experience more healthy years so they can live the lives they want.
“The upshot: Companies with 100,000 employees or more are only half as likely as smaller peers to be voted a Great Place to Work for All.”
That’s why it’s an honor to be recognized by Fortune as one of the Best Big Companies to Work For in 2019 — the only health care organization to make the list.
With the help of its employees, Kaiser Permanente is creating positive change beyond providing health care in traditional hospitals and clinics by:
- Creating and deploying user-friendly technology that lets people access the care and information they need, any time, anywhere.
- Researching what makes people sick, helping develop and improve cures, and actively sharing that knowledge to add to the world’s health and medical knowledge base.
- Supporting its communities with relief and recovery services when they’re struck by disaster.
- Fostering and maintaining an inclusive work environment where all voices count and individual contributions are valued and encouraged.
- And working hard to not only provide care — but to deliver high-quality care that’s safe, accessible, and successful.
“I’m proud that Kaiser Permanente has been named to Fortune’s 2019 Best Big Companies to Work For list,” said Chuck Columbus, senior vice president and chief HR officer.
“Our people bring our mission to life through their deep commitment,” Columbus said. “Together, we make a big impact on the lives of our members and the communities we serve. Thanks to our people, we can help shape the future of health care.”
In addition to this most recent accolade, Kaiser Permanente has been recognized for its commitment to supporting its employees and being a best place to work, including:
- Glassdoor’s 2019 Best Places to Work
- Indeed’s Top-Rated Workplaces for Veterans
- National Organization on Disability’s Leading Disability Employer
- Indeed’s Top Employer for Work-Life Balance
- LatinaStyle’s 50 Best Companies for Latinas
- Indeed’s Best Healthcare Companies to Work For
- Latino Leaders’ The Best Employers for Latinos
- Corporate Equality Index’s Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality
- DiversityInc’s Top 50 Hall of Fame
See the full Fortune Best Big Companies to Work For list here.