To avoid getting sick, try these tips before and during your flight.
What to bring
- Hand sanitizer
- Disinfecting wipes
- Pillow (optional)
- Blanket (optional)
- Flu mask (optional)
- Avoid the seat pockets, a hot bed of used tissues and wrappers.
- Wipe your tray table, seat buckle, and armrests, the dirtiest surfaces on planes.
- Drink lots of water. Staying hydrated is key.
- In bathrooms, avoid direct contact with anything.
- Bring a flu mask. They can help prevent colds.
- Dodge the airline’s pillows and blankets, which can be used many times before being cleaned.
- Skip the ice! Germs are found in the water tanks of some planes that make ice cubes.