For the sixth consecutive year, Kaiser Permanente’s Medicare health plan website, kp.org/medicare, is rated one of the top Medicare websites in the nation for providing consumers with an easy, positive and high-value experience, according to HealthMetrix Research Inc., an independent research firm.
HealthMetrix evaluated 160 Medicare Advantage websites for Medicare WebWatch national certification in 2018, and Kaiser Permanente’s is one of nine given “top benchmark” status, the highest rating. To achieve this status, 50 website features were analyzed including: plan-specific content, external content resources, member connectivity, design and navigation, and transparency and privacy disclosure.
“Making it easy for consumers to learn about their Medicare coverage options is crucial when one considers that approximately 10,000 baby boomers across the nation become eligible for Medicare each day,” said Agnes Strandberg, senior vice president, Kaiser Permanente Medicare program.
Growing numbers of older adults benefit from Kaiser Permanente’s not-for-profit status and from being the nation’s largest integrated health system. They prefer to shop online and those who are eligible can enroll in a Kaiser Permanente Medicare health plan directly on the website.
“We continue to enhance our online capabilities and navigation features to ensure the best possible experience for consumers,” said Strandberg. “Every year we see an increase in visits and enrollments through our Medicare website.”
In addition to providing eligibility requirements, cost and coverage options, and easy online enrollment, Kaiser Permanente’s Medicare website offers:
- A Medicare Learning Center with easy access to useful information including downloadable checklists, frequently asked questions and answers, and helpful videos for consumers to learn more about Medicare, when to sign up, and how to make an informed plan choice
- A search tool to help consumers find and register for a Kaiser Permanente Medicare seminar in their area
- An online enrollment form for Kaiser Permanente Medicare members to enroll in optional supplemental benefits such as dental, hearing, vision and fitness
- A section that provides a streamlined Medicare educational and enrollment experience to Kaiser Permanente members turning 65
- Consumer surveys to gather information and apply learnings to optimize the website
- New capabilities that include a link to health and wellness articles specifically curated for older adults, and look-up tools to find a sales representative in the consumer’s area and to find employer groups that offer online enrollment for their retirees