Community Gatherings Fund Overview
We support local, community gatherings that align with our community health needs assessment (CHNA), increase collaboration among community partners, and promote health equity outcomes. We will consider requests up to $5,000 for gatherings that can make a notable impact in the community.
If you are seeking sponsorship of an event such as a large conference, fundraising gala/luncheon, marathon, or other community event, please navigate to our sponsorship/conference request page. Those requests should not be submitted as a community gathering.
Requests for funding of community gatherings are accepted throughout the year. A strong applicant will answer yes to the following questions:
- Are you requesting funding to support one or a series of community-based convenings or gatherings?
- Are you ensuring community voice is central to the planning and execution of the gathering(s)?
- Will funding increase collaboration and coordination of individuals and organizations?
- Are you proposing shared learning that advances health equity outcomes?
- Does the purpose of your community gathering align with Kaiser Permanente Colorado’s community health needs assessment?
Health Equity Outcomes
Seeking health equity in every possible venue — homes, schools, workplaces, and wherever people gather — supports our mission. By working with other sectors and organizations to address the factors that influence health, including economic vitality, employment, housing, education, health care, public safety, and food access, Kaiser Permanente Colorado can help ensure:
- Improved health equity by reducing racial, ethnic, and other health disparities in Kaiser Permanente Colorado communities
- Improved Total Health, including physical, mental, and spiritual well-being for Coloradans
All requests must be submitted through our online application and are reviewed by a committee. The review process may take up to six weeks. Please submit requests at least two months (but no more than six months) prior to your event.
Be prepared to provide the following as part of your application:
- Proof of Tax Exemption
- Board of Directors List
- Budget for the Gathering (showing all expenses and income)
If you are a new user, create a new account using your email address and create a secure password. If your organization already has an account in our online application system, please use the same account for all requests. Only one account should be created for each organization. If multiple individuals in your organization need to access this account, share the Account ID (email address) and password.
If you need to save your application and return to it later, use the ‘save & finish later’ option found at the bottom of each page. When you are ready to resume, use the return-log in link and login to the same account to return and complete the application.
If at any point you have questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.