OAKLAND, Calif. — As consumers adjust to a health care landscape transformed by medical innovation and advancements in digital health, Kaiser Permanente has chosen to focus its longest-running campaign on the accessibility of care online and in the doctor’s office in the latest round of Thrive advertisements.
In addition to three new television advertisements, the 2014 campaign features radio, print, online and out-of-home ads that allow Kaiser Permanente to reach consumers where they spend the most time, and in a targeted way.
“In the last few years we’ve shifted our Thrive campaign much more into the digital space,” said Christine Paige, senior vice president, Marketing and Digital Services, Kaiser Permanente. “Our targeted digital strategy, along with TV, radio and outdoor advertising, reflects the rapidly changing media landscape and how leading brands are connecting effectively with consumers.”
With geo-location capabilities, digital and mobile ads include messages of convenience and highlight local landmarks such as the Golden Gate Bridge, the Capitol Mall in Washington, D.C. — or local Kaiser Permanente facilities. “Brands are going ‘glocal,’” explained Paige. “We’re combining a global message about our high-quality health care, super convenience and digital capability with very local representations of what that means. We think that will be powerful.”
- Leer esto en español »
- 2014 ‘Ask A Nurse’ Thrive radio ad
- 2014 Español ‘Enfermera’ radio anuncio de Viva Bien
The 2014 Thrive launch marks the 11th year of the campaign. Take a look at the newest Thrive ads:
- “Cameras” features bruises, rashes and bumps in scenes that depict members emailing their physicians to share photos of injuries and ailments. This ad is playful and funny, but it has an important message about the ability to access high-quality care in a way that is unique to Kaiser Permanente and is convenient to members — in the home, at the office, or even on vacation.
- “Three Boys” captures a day in the life of a busy mother with three young boys, showing how having all of your care team — specialists, pediatricians and pharmacists — under one roof makes life easier when you and your children are constantly on the go. This ad will be aired in both English and Spanish.
- “Juntos” is a Spanish-language ad that features three generations accessing Kaiser Permanente services on the same day and in the same building. It celebrates the ease of having all of your medical services together in one location.
Thrive advertising will run in select media markets in California, Hawaii, Oregon, Colorado, Georgia and Maryland.
The multiyear Thrive campaign was created in partnership with advertising agency Lowe Campbell Ewald, which has worked with Kaiser Permanente since the rollout of the first Thrive ads in 2004.
About Kaiser Permanente
Kaiser Permanente is committed to helping shape the future of health care. We are recognized as one of America’s leading health care providers and not-for-profit health plans. Founded in 1945, our mission is to provide high-quality, affordable health care services and to improve the health of our members and the communities we serve. We currently serve approximately 9.5 million members in eight states and the District of Columbia. Care for members and patients is focused on their total health and guided by their personal physicians, specialists and team of caregivers. Our expert and caring medical teams are empowered and supported by industry-leading technology advances and tools for health promotion, disease prevention, state-of-the-art care delivery and world-class chronic disease management. Kaiser Permanente is dedicated to care innovations, clinical research, health education and the support of community health. For more information, go to: kp.org/share.