Kaiser Permanente’s history in the Pacific Northwest goes back to the medical group established to serve workers and their families during construction of Grand Coulee Dam in northeastern Washington in the late 1930s. During World War II, those physicians served workers and their families at the Kaiser shipyards in Portland, Ore., and Vancouver, Wash. With the closing of the shipyards in 1945, enrollment was opened to the community.
Founded in 1945, Kaiser Permanente Northwest, headquartered in Portland, Ore., comprises:
- Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of the Northwest
- Northwest Permanente, P.C., Physicians and Surgeons, a physician group practice.
- Permanente Dental Associates, a dentist group practice
- Kaiser Foundation Hospitals
Kaiser Permanente Northwest builds on more than 70 years of innovation and quality care to ensure that every member receives the best care possible.
Medical facilities and physicians
and other outpatient facilities
- Portland, Ore.
- Eugene, Ore.
- Salem, Ore.
- Vancouver, Wash.
- Longview/Kelso, Wash.