Comprehensive Health Information at Your Fingertips
Kaiser Permanente HealthConnect®, our comprehensive electronic health record, is one of the largest private electronic health systems in the world. KP HealthConnect and our integrated model securely connect more than 611 medical offices and 37 hospitals, linking patients to their health care teams, their personal health information and the latest medical knowledge.
The system facilitates communication between our members and health professionals to help make getting well and staying healthy easy and convenient. It improves member safety and quality of care by providing access to comprehensive patient information and the latest best practice research in one place.
KP HealthConnect is an innovative tool that enables us to deliver high-quality, efficient care in new ways. The system supports our commitment to preventive medicine by giving clinicians access to the latest treatments to make sure members receive the right care at the right time. We’re already seeing advances in the way we prevent manageable diseases from becoming life-threatening crises — in one pilot study, we were able to reduce coronary artery disease deaths by 76 percent.
Our personal health record, My Health Manager on kp.org, is directly connected to KP HealthConnect, empowering members with 24/7 access to their health information and convenient health management tools to email their care providers, schedule appointments and refill prescriptions. Members can access My Health Manager from anywhere in the world via mobile apps for Android and Apple smartphones.
We are sharing our findings and best practices that a comprehensive electronic health record can increase consumer convenience and satisfaction and provider efficiency, while maintaining clinical quality.
Kaiser Permanente HealthConnect® Facts
• All 9.1 million members have the benefit of a complete KP HealthConnect record
• As of March 2010, all Kaiser Permanente medical facilities are live with KP HealthConnect
• All Kaiser Permanente adult members are eligible to activate their My Health Manager personal health record
• 4.4 million members registered to use My Health Manager
• 2.9 million lab results accessed online monthly
• 1.2 million emails sent to care providers monthly
• 1.2 millions prescriptions refilled online monthly
• 300,000 appointments scheduled monthly