At Kaiser Permanente, one of our core values is improving the health of individuals and the communities we serve.
Through thoughtful partnerships with local organizations that align with our mission, we strive to address issues and concerns that affect the overall health of the community. Many of these partnerships are created through event sponsorships that support vital community programs and services.
Current focus areas
We invest in events that bring our community together to increase public understanding of and engagement in the issues that affect us. We seek innovative programs that address issues such as:
- Community-based programs that address disparities in health care for underserved or low-income communities.
- Projects that improve the efficiency of health and human services systems, including food, housing, and health care.
- Economic development
- Workforce development initiatives
- Economic self-sufficiency
- Cultural and ethnic diversity
- Collaborations that coordinate health care services and economic self-sufficiency.
- Environmental stewardship
Sponsorship evaluation criteria
Sponsorship proposals are evaluated based on six general criteria. These criteria have been developed to ensure that we establish sponsorship relationships that will benefit the receiving organization as well as Kaiser Permanente.
Proposals are evaluated for:
- Tangible benefits associated with the partnership.
- The opportunity to create long-term value.
- The ability to reach targeted audiences and build relationships.
- Positive exposure for the Kaiser Permanente brand.
- The potential to be leveraged with additional resource investment.
- The potential for long-term, sustainable relationships.
We are unable to support the following types of activities because they do not meet the criteria we’ve set for our sponsorship program.
- Events outside the Kaiser Permanente Northwest service area.
- Donations or support to general appeal campaigns, endowments, or memorials.
- Requests that benefit an individual, family, or group.
- Local and professional sporting events, individuals, or teams.
- Religious activities, in whole or in part, for the purpose of furthering religious doctrine.
- General awareness campaigns.
- Health care research.
- Travel expenses.
- Door prizes or raffles.
- School-affiliated orchestras, bands, choirs, drama groups, yearbooks, class parties, or class or team projects.
- Political candidates, activities, or organizations.
- Personal appeals for funding of individual medical care, insurance coverage for individuals, scholarships, tuition, educational expenses, conference registration, etc.
- Film or documentary productions.
- Job training programs
- Organizations that do not comply with Kaiser Permanente’s anti-discriminatory policy
- National conferences
- Membership fees or dues
- Advertising activities
Application process and timing
For 2014 sponsorship requests, applicants may begin the application process online (below). We review completed applications on an ongoing basis.
Due to the volume of requests we receive, only requests received at least 90 days prior to the scheduled event date will be considered for sponsorship. We no longer accept sponsorship requests by telephone, fax, mail, e-mail, or delivery. Only online requests made with our application form will be accepted.
To apply for sponsorship of your organization’s event, please complete our online eligibility questionnaire and sponsorship application using the below link. The questionnaire will assess the potential fit between your organization’s objectives and Kaiser Permanente’s funding priorities. Should your organization’s objectives align with our funding priorities, you will be forwarded directly to our online sponsorship application.
In addition to providing detailed information about your organization and the event for which you are requesting Kaiser Permanente sponsorship, all applicants are required to provide the following documentation:
- A formal sponsorship request on your organization’s letterhead.
- A list of sponsorship levels and associated tangible benefits.
- An overview of your organization’s programs, services and mission.
- The current IRS determination letter showing 501(c)(3) tax status or certification from the office of the state attorney general.
- A list of board of directors and their affiliations.
- Your organization’s most recent IRS Form 990.
- If available, a current itemized operating budget for your organization or event.
- For requests of $10,000 or more only, the most recent independently audited financial statement (not required of government agencies).
Sponsorship applications are reviewed on a regular basis. Your organization will receive a response from Kaiser Permanente within two to six weeks of receipt of the inquiry. If we need additional information, we will contact your organization directly. Allow three to six months between submitting your application and the date of the event so agreements can be negotiated and Kaiser Permanente can appropriately plan participation.
For more information, contact us at Kaiser-Permanente-Events@kp.org or 503-813-2300.