At Kaiser Permanente, one of our core values is improving the health of individuals and the communities we serve.
Through thoughtful partnerships with local organizations that align with our mission, we strive to address issues that affect the overall health of the community. Many of these partnerships are created through event sponsorships that support vital community programs and services.
Current Focus Areas
We invest in events that bring our community together to increase public understanding of and engagement in the issues that affect us. We seek innovative programs that address specific issues including:
- Community-based programs that address health disparities for vulnerable populations. Populations can be defined by factors such as race or ethnicity, gender, education or income, disability, geographic location or sexual orientation.
- Projects that improve the efficiency of health and human services systems, including food, housing and health care.
- Economic/workforce development.
- Cultural and ethnic diversity.
- Collaborations that coordinate health care services and support economic self-sufficiency.
Sponsorship evaluation criteria
Sponsorship proposals are evaluated based on six general criteria. These criteria have been developed to ensure that we establish sponsorship relationships that will benefit the receiving organization as well as Kaiser Permanente.
Proposals are evaluated for:
- Tangible benefits associated with the partnership.
- The opportunity to create long-term value.
- The ability to reach targeted audiences and build relationships.
- Positive exposure for the Kaiser Permanente brand.
- The potential to be leveraged with additional resource investment.
- The potential for long-term, sustainable relationships.
We are unable to support the following types of activities because they do not meet the criteria we’ve set for our sponsorship program:
- Events outside the Kaiser Permanente Northwest service area.
- Donations or support to general appeal campaigns, endowments or memorials.
- Requests that benefit an individual, family, or group.
- Local (city, school) sporting events, individuals or teams.
- Religious activities, in whole or in part, for the purpose of furthering religious doctrine.
- General awareness campaigns.
- Health care research.
- Travel expenses.
- Door prizes or raffles.
- School-affiliated orchestras, bands, choirs, drama groups, yearbooks, class parties, or class or team projects.
- Political candidates, activities or organizations.
- Personal appeals for funding of individual medical care, insurance coverage for individuals, scholarships, tuition, educational expenses, conference registration, etc.
- Film or documentary productions.
- Job training programs.
- Organizations that do not comply with Kaiser Permanente’s anti-discriminatory policy.
- National conferences.
- Membership fees or dues.
- Advertising activities.
Application process and timing
The application process for sponsorship of events is currently closed. The next application period will occur March 1 – April 15, 2016. This application period is for events beginning August 1, 2016 and beyond. Please check back for information about additional application periods.
Online sponsorship applications need to be submitted at least 90 days prior to the scheduled event date to be considered. All sponsorship requests need to be submitted through our online application. Due to the volume of requests, applications received by telephone, fax, mail, e-mail, or delivery will not be accepted or responded to.
To apply for sponsorship of your organization’s event, please complete our online eligibility questionnaire. The questionnaire will assess the potential fit between your organization’s objectives and Kaiser Permanente’s funding criteria. Should your organization’s objectives align with our funding priorities, you will be forwarded directly to our online sponsorship application.
Your organization will receive a response from Kaiser Permanente within six weeks of receipt of the inquiry. If we need additional information, we will contact your organization directly.
For more information, contact us at Kaiser-Permanente-Events@kp.org.