In addition to providing health care and coverage for low-income people, Kaiser Permanente’s community investments include grants, sponsorships and volunteerism. Kaiser Permanente South Bay grants support nonprofit organizations serving Santa Clara County.
Our grantmaking supports projects addressing:
- Decrease calorie consumption
- Increase consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables
- Increase physical activity in community and institutional settings
- Violence and Substance Abuse
- Provide tools and support for children, youth and families to decrease aggressive behavior, inappropriate coping behaviors, poor social relationships and violence
- Access to health insurance coverage and health care services
- Increase the number of low-income people enrolled in and/or maintaining health insurance coverage
- Increase access to health care services for low-income and uninsured individuals
The 2013 Community Benefits Grants Program is now closed. If you are interested in the 2014 cycle, please send an email to email@example.com and we will alert you when the 2014 Grant Application Guide becomes available.
Events and sponsorships are also required to align with our current goals and priorities listed above. We consider requests for sponsorships from January 1 through September 15 each year. Information about the sponsorship process can be found here.
Community Health Needs Assessment
We are proud to share with you our 2013 Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA) report. The report reflects Kaiser Permanente’s long-standing commitment to working with other organizations to address the most urgent health needs in the communities we serve.
Conducting these assessments and making them available to the public is also important in meeting new federal requirements outlined in the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. We invite you to view the Community Health Needs Assessments for each Kaiser Foundation Hospital and submit comments on our CHNA web page.
Jo Seavey-Hultquist, MSW
South Bay Community Benefit Manager
Amy Aken, MPH
Senior Community Benefit Specialist
Associate Community Benefit Specialist
We can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Medical Financial Assistance questions, please call (408) 851-5950.