Based on recent changes in the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s guidelines, Kaiser Permanente of Georgia is now offering flu shots to Kaiser Permanente members and nonmembers who meet the CDC guidelines below, while supplies last.
KP Members must call (404) 365-0966 to schedule a nurse visit appointment to get a flu shot. They can also get a flu shot through any of our three After-Hours locations (Gwinnett, Cumberland and Southwood) without an appointment. If a member has a scheduled office visit and meets CDC guidelines, we will offer him/her a flu shot as part of their visit.
Non-members meeting CDC guidelines can get a flu shot for $15 at any Kaiser Permanente medical offices Monday through Friday between the hours of 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 to 5 p.m. Dates and hours members can get flu shots at the Brookwood medical office are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. and 1 to 3 p.m. Flu shots for non-members are also available at Kaiser Permanente’s three After-Hours locations Monday through Friday, 6 to 10 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.; and Sunday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- people age 50 and older
- out-of-home caregivers (such as daycare workers) of high-risk groups
- household contacts of high-risk groups
- children age 6 to 23 months needing their second dose of flu vaccine
- pregnant women
- people who have chronic illnesses, such as asthma, diabetes, heart conditions and immune deficiencies
- health care workers with direct patient contact (this includes any KP employee or TSPMG practitioner or clinician who works in a medical office)